Tag: 阿拉爱上海aishedes

Body of drunken man fished out of Atlantic Ocean

first_imgThe body of 58-year-old Sheriff Yusuf, called “Bird,” a carpenter of Lot 53 De Kendren, West Coast Demerara, was on Wednesday pulled from the Atlantic Ocean.Yusuf had lived alone in a flat concrete house, and according to reports received, had been seen consuming alcohol on Monday last, the day he went missing afterThe house in which the now dead man livedleaving his home in a drunken state to go fishing.Guyana Times has been told that after several days had passed and there had been no sign of the man, an alarm was raised and a search was launched. During the search, the boat in which Yusuf had gone out to sea was discovered, but there still was no sign of the man.Yusuf’s decomposed body was eventually pulled from the ocean at about 06:00h on Wednesday, and is presently at the Ezekiel Funeral Home awaiting a post mortem.last_img read more

Peace River invasive plant by-law seeks approval before final read

first_imgThe PRRD Invasive Plant Committee made the recommendation to the Regional Board that a regulation and control bylaw be in place in the region.The PRRD says this is in response to concerns raised by the agricultural sector. They’ll be giving the bylaw a final read once it’s approved by the Inspector of Municipalities in Victoria.“This bylaw will assist with the compliance and enforcement component of the invasive plant program aimed at protecting the region’s economy, environment and social values from invasive plants and ensuring that existing infestations are managed for the benefit of all residents and stakeholders,” the report reads.- Advertisement -For further details, refer to the 2013 Invasive Plant Program Annual report, at www.prrd.bc.ca. You can also contact the PRRD by phone if you have questions about the invasive plant bylaw, at 250 784 3200.last_img read more

Warner Dams Up Free Music Stream, But Pandora Will Flow [Update]

first_img9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… Tags:#music#news#web 4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App The BBC reports this morning that record label Warner Music has announced it will no longer license its music to free streaming sites like Last.fm, Spotify or Pandora.The news comes on the heels of an announcement yesterday by Warner Music that digital revenue, at $184 million, accounts for 20% of total revenue.The BBC quotes Warner chief executive Edgar Bronfman Jr as saying that “free streaming services are clearly not net positive for the industry and as far as Warner Music is concerned will not be licensed. In January, we wrote about a report by analyst firm Forrester that predicted that music industry revenues would continue their slide before evening out in 2013, with digital music sales taking up most of the slack.“On a constant-currency basis, digital revenue grew 4% sequentially and was up 5% from the prior-year quarter,” reads yesterday’s report from Warner.The BBC doesn’t say when or how this will affect the average person, but when our favorite artists start disappearing from streaming music sites, we’ll surely notice.Update:We got in touch with Tom Conrad, the CTO of Pandora, who had this to say regarding the effect this would have on the company. He writes:This all started with Edgar Bronfman’s comment on the Warner conference call where he was addressing free on-demand services such as Spotify that are directly licensed. Pandora operates under a different licensing structure and won’t be impacted by Warner’s apparent decision with respect to free, on-demand services. 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnoutcenter_img mike melanson Related Posts 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People…last_img read more

Assam district shuts down after arrests

last_img

Sri Lanka Cricket rubbishes Dilshan dope slur

first_imgThe Sri Lanka team management on Wednesday rubbished reports of their opener Tillakaratne Dilshan testing positive for dope.Sri Lanka vice-captain Mahela Jayawardene refuted the charged calling it a “spook story” aimed at upsetting their momentum in the World Cup ahead of the game against Zimbabwe on Thursday.He was speaking to reporters at a press conference on the day. “We have had two players tested. Dilshan is not one of them,” Jayawardene added. “The players are Ajantha Mendis and Chamara Silva. I am not too sure about where this story has come from but there is no truth in it.”The team’s media manager, Brian Thomas too confirmed that Dilshan was not asked to give his sample.last_img

Trinamool Congress has not taken a penny from Saradha: Mamata

first_imgWest Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said Trinamool Congress (TMC) “has not taken” a penny from the scam-hit Saradha Group and accused the Opposition parties of protecting the “real culprits”.Under fire from the Opposition after the Central Bureau of Investigation, which is probing the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam, arrested a Trinamool leader Rajat Majumdar and interrogated a number of her party leaders and MPs, Banerjee said the issue was raised by her opponents only before elections.”When did the Saradha scam happen? When the Left was in power. So many other chit fund scams happened during the Left Front rule (1977-2011) – like Sanchayini and Sanchaita. The Congress, the BJP and the Left are trying to protect the real culprits. Trinamool has not taken a penny from Saradha,” she told a local television channel.Banerjee said the Opposition parties had campaigned on the issue before the panchayat polls last year and this year’s general elections, but their tactics did not work. “The people showered us with their blessings in both the elections.”Noting that the Union government had given clearance to the media channels run by the Saradha Group, she asked why the Congress and the BJP – who led the central regimes – did not take any action.Banerjee said her government could not be held responsible just because “a few Durga Puja committees took Saradha’s sponsorship”.Referring to a company which she called scam-tainted, Banerjee said it sponsored some national sports teams. “So can the national sports team be accused of taking illegally earned money?”advertisementIn a veiled attack on the BJP, she said: “Some people, who indulge in politics of division and communalism, are saying I cheated 17 lakh people. What audacity is that?””They do not know the facts. 12 lakh people, not 17, were duped by Saradha. Moreover, after coming to power, we passed an anti-chit fund law. The centre kept sitting on it. They suggested changes, we made the amendments. Why have they still not cleared it?”Pooh-poohing a query that her party’s image has taken a hit, she charged the media of running a “smear campaign”.”The media is engaging in cheap lies and malicious propaganda. They are showing the State in bad light.”Iterating that the people were the “biggest judge”, Banerjee said she was answerable “only to the masses”, who will “decide Trinamool’s future”.”I listen to the voice of the people, not what media says.”last_img read more

Renault India to concentrate on meeting Indian demand; moves UK unit to Romania

first_imgFrench auto maker Renault has shifted production of its popular Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Duster for the UK market to Romania from India. The company is now concentrating its India output to reduce the waiting period on the Duster in the domestic market. Speaking on this decision, Renault India Country Chief Executive and Managing Director Sumit Sawhney said, “We aim to consolidate our operations in the domestic market. We first want to cater to the Indian market and then any spare capacity would be channelised for exports. We shifted exports of some variants to Europe for logistical and economic reasons as the currency fluctuations were not in our favour.”Renault India exports the Duster to right-hand-drive markets as the country serves as a production hub for all global right-hand-drive cars. At present, Renault sells five models in India, namely the Fluence, the Koleos SUV, Pulse and Scala, in addition to the Duster. It sold 17,510 vehicles in India in the first five months of the fiscal year starting in April, a decline of 33 per cent over the past year.last_img read more

Eagles Cut Pro Bowl Receiver DeSean Jackson Gang Ties

DeSean Jackson, one of the most explosive receivers in the NFL, was released by the Philadelphia Eagles, a stunning move that is about more than football.According to ESPN, the Eagles cut ties with one of the most electrifying players in club history. This comes after they uncovered their own information on Jackson’s off-field connections and activities. In addition, they decided to release Jackson, rather than trade him to another team that might be unaware.“After careful consideration over this offseason, the Philadelphia Eagles have decided to part ways with DeSean Jackson. The team informed him of his release today,” the team said in a statement.Earlier Friday, a report by NJ.com stated the Eagles had become increasingly concerned about Jackson’s off-the-field issues and his reputed ties to Los Angeles street gang members.NFL teams have become more cautious since last summer when former New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez, who also reportedly had gang ties, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder.Jackson was due to make $10.5 million in 2014 and was owed $30.5 million over the remainder of his deal, but none of that money was guaranteed.Recent reports surfaced that the Eagles were looking to trade Jackson. There also had been rumors that Jackson was not a fit in the locker room culture that coach Chip Kelly was trying to cultivate.At the NFL owners meetings on Wednesday, Kelly said he liked Jackson, but would not commit to him for 2014, saying the Eagles would do “what’s best for the football team.”There may have been warning signs earlier this season that the Eagles may have been looking to move on from Jackson. The team moved quickly in free agency to get new deals done with wide receiver Jeremy Maclin and Riley Cooper.Jackson, 27, excelled in Kelly’s fast-paced offense, setting career highs in receptions (82) and yards (1,332), while also amassing nine touchdowns. His 6,177 receiving yards are second in franchise history and his four punt-return scores are tops in club history. read more

Joe Rominiecki

last_img

Privatized Housing Survey Report Reveals More Details

first_img ADC AUTHOR A military family advocacy group has reported more details from the nation’s military families on the condition of privatized military housing, according to Military.com.The Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN) surveyed more than 16,000 military family members across the country who responded with various reports of dirty and unsafe conditions on more than 160 military bases, the advocacy group said.The latest survey details revealed that 84% reported “very negative, negative or neutral” base housing experiences.Nearly 57% of survey respondents reported problems with maintenance and repairs, nearly 30% reported problems with mold and 25% reported filth as an issue, according to MFAN.A preliminary report in February had highlighted problems including maintenance issues and poor responsiveness and unsatisfactory living conditions such as mold, lead-based paint issues, pest infestations and faulty wiring, as On Base reported.The highest privatized housing satisfaction rate was at Naval Base San Diego, Calif.Air Force photo by Carole Chiles Fullerlast_img read more