In the first six months of this year, more than 33.100.000 vehicles operated on all Croatian motorways, which is an increase of 7,6 percent compared to the same period last year, while the revenues of four companies, motorway concessionaires, increased by 10,4 percent. billion and 130 million without VAT. From the beginning of the year to the end of June, there were 2.300.000 more vehicles on motorways in Croatia than in the same period last year, thus increasing toll revenue by HRK 106.600.000.It is probably clear to everyone today that the current toll collection model is unsustainable, too expensive and, most importantly, inefficient. Various various projections and analyzes have been made all these years, and we can only look at our neighbors, already in Slovenia, how it looks in practice and ultimately what the vignettes bring. However, obviously we would never go for this solution on our own for purely political reasons, so we are lucky that the EU took care of the introduction of electronic toll collection.Namely, all EU members will have to have a uniform electronic toll collection system. Thus, the government will, by grace or force, have to introduce such a collection system.Minister of Transport Oleg Butković, visiting New TV announced that in the future highways will be done electronically, so vignettes as such are considered due to EU regulations, and that the Ministry of Transport recently announced a public call for expressions of interest for the study of the future electronic toll collection system in Croatia. ” In the first seven and a half months of this year, compared to the same period last year, there was an increase in the number of vehicles on highways in all categories of vehicles, and revenues increased, despite the fact that we had to introduce seasonal tolls, increase tolls because we said that we will not sell highways, we will not monetize them, but we will start restructuring debt and companies. A few days ago, a public call was announced to express interest in the study of the future electronic toll collection system in Croatia. This is in line with the letter of sectoral policy, all the reforms we have to make in four, five years and in line with the recommendations of the European Commission which says that all EU member states must have a uniform electronic toll collection system. Classic vignettes are a thing of the past at the moment. But some form of electronic billing system – yes. But let’s wait for that study to be over.Said Butkovic.So, a new study is being done again, and we can expect news about the implementation of the new electronic toll collection system in 4-5 years. It is interesting how it is implied that as citizens they did not want to sell motorways, so they raised toll prices, ie introduced a summer toll regime. But, fortunately, we still have to respect the new EU regulations, whether we like it or not, and soon such a cumbersome and inefficient system will have to change.
Messi, Ronaldo are from another planet, so I’m world’s best- NeymarBrazilian striker Neymar has said that he is the “world’s best player,” given that Argentina’s Lionel Messi and Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo are “from another planet.”“Modesty aside, I think that I am the world’s best player,” Neymar quipped in an exchange with the hosts of Desimpedidos, a Brazilian YouTube channel. “Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are from another planet, so I’m No. 1.”
Betfair – Le Pen’s price proves to be an ‘attractive proposition’ as France 2017 hits £22 million mark
StumbleUpon France Galop eyes May return for French Racing April 16, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share French racing secures ‘conditional approval’ on restart programme May 4, 2020 Updating the media, on its ‘France 2017’ general election market, Betfair Politics maintains that far-right candidate and former Front National leader Marie Le Pen is still an ‘attractive proposition’ for political punters priced at 9/1.As France heads to the polls this Sunday 7 May, Betfair informs that its ‘France 2017’ market has hit the £22 million wagering mark breaking all the operator’s records for a European political market. Additionally, Betfair Politics informs that a further £8 million has been traded since the first round of voting (23 April).En Marche leader Emmanuel Macron odds plummeted to a low of 1/8 once votes were counted, the former banker is now trading at 1/9 (90% chance) of winning the second round.However, entering the last week of campaigning Macron’s polls have varied wildly for the centrist candidate, with French news sources detailing that polls range between a 4-20 point lead over Le Pen.Furthermore, a number of political commentators have pointed to the marked similarities between Le Pen’s campaign and Donald Trump’s Shock 2016 US Presidential victory. The deep divide between French voters in Cities supporting Macron vs Le Pen’s popularity in provincial and rural areas has been a distinct narrative of France 2017.Naomi Totten, BetfairBetfair Spokesperson, Naomi Totten said: “The Next French President market has now surpassed Scottish Referendum betting from 2015 which traded £21m and is well-placed to become the third biggest political market of all time, behind only the juggernaut heats of Brexit and US election.“Macron is the clear favourite to win and has continued to shorten in price in recent days, with Le Pen drifting to just a 10% chance of becoming the next president. The far-right candidate continues to attract support however and accounts for 70% of all bets placed in the past week but the serious punters are backing Macron with over 85% of money backing the favourite to go the distance, with bets as big as £85k on the independent candidate.” ANJ takes charge of new French gambling era June 22, 2020 Share
This time last week, a magnitude 7.0 earthquake struck Alaska, causing widespread power outages, roads to rip open, and buildings to break.The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN), a collaborative multi-state effort by Cooperative Extension Services, and your local Cooperative Extension have resources to help our military service members and their families prepare and recover from an earthquake.Here are some resources from Oklahoma Cooperative Extension:Be prepared for earthquakesSecure items in your home to help ensure earthquake safetyDrop, take cover and hold on in case of an earthquakeChecking utilities in the aftermath of an earthquakeChecking inside and outside the home for earthquake damage
John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding LATEST STORIES Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Google honors food scientist, banana ketchup inventor and war hero Maria Orosa Families in US enclave in north Mexico hold sad Thanksgiving MOST READ Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City FILE – In this Feb. 17, 2018, file photo, Cleveland Cavaliers’ Larry Nance Jr. competes in the slam dunk contest, part of the NBA basketball All-Star weekend in Los Angeles. Nance has run into an unexpected snag since joining the Cavaliers. “Trying to convince my mom that I’m not living at home,” he said, smiling. “We’re out looking for rental properties and stuff like that and she’s like, ‘Oh, our basement is pretty nice.’ That’s probably been the toughest thing.” Nance wore his dad’s Phoenix jersey and replicated the same dunk Larry Nance Sr. did while winning the inaugural dunk contest in 1984. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File)CLEVELAND — Larry Nance Jr. will wear his father’s retired No. 22 with the Cavaliers.The forward announced Thursday night that the NBA has worked it out so he can switch from No. 24 to his dad’s No. 22 starting next week. Nance Jr. was recently acquired by Cleveland in a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers.ADVERTISEMENT Nance Jr. said he’s thrilled to have the chance to honor his father, who spent eight seasons with the Cavs. A team spokesman said the league understood the special circumstances surrounding the number and its significance to the Nance family and agreed the change should take place.Larry Nance Sr.’s jersey was retired by the Cavs in 1995.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe younger Nance wore his father’s No. 22 Phoenix jersey last weekend when he participated in the dunk contest at the All-Star Game. Nance Jr. joked that he also plans to wear tight shorts and high white socks the rest of this season. LOOK: Iya Villania meets ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ cast in Mexico Read Next Downed under Pussycat Dolls set for reunion tour after 10-year hiatus AFP official booed out of forum Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
No go, Djoko. It’s Roger versus Rafa in the French Open final once again. Novak Djokovic’s perfect season and 43-match winning streak were ended by Roger Federer in the semi-finals at Roland Garros on Friday. The 16-time Grand Slam champion beat the second-seeded Serb 7-6 (5), 6-3, 3-6, 7-6 (5) and will face Rafael Nadal in the final for the fourth time in six years.Five-time champion Nadal, who turned 25 on Friday, is one victory away from equaling Bjorn Borg’s record of six French Open titles. He defeated Andy Murray 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 earlier on Court Philippe Chatrier to improve his record at Roland Garros to 44-1. On Sunday, Nadal will try to beat Federer for the sixth time in eight Grand Slam finals.Djokovic entered the French Open as the hottest man on tour. He won every tournament he had played in 2011, including earning his second Grand Slam title at the Australian Open after beating Federer in their second straight Grand Slam semi-final. But for Federer, three times in a row was too many.The third-seeded Swiss had an answer to just about everything Djokovic could muster, sending back shot after shot and waiting for his opponent to make the mistakes – even though Federer finished with 46 unforced errors, five more than Djokovic. The two traded a pair of breaks in the first set, and Djokovic then led 5-4 in the tiebreaker when three unforced errors – a backhand and two forehands – gave Federer the set.In the second, Federer took Djokovic’s serve to jump ahead 4-1 and held on to win it despite wasting nine more break chances.advertisementDjokovic got the early break in the third and ran out to a 3-0 lead, eventually taking the first set off Federer at this year’s tournament. He also led in the fourth, and served for the set at 5-4. But Federer got his fourth break to soon send it back to a tiebreaker. Once there, Federer was the Federer of old again. He took a 6-3 lead by winning three straight points, the latter two with an ace and service winner. He then won the match with his 18th ace of the match.The top-ranked Spaniard, meanwhile, wasn’t perfect against Murray, struggling at times with his serve and getting broken three times, but his play was consistent enough to take care of his opponent’s defensive tactics.”The conditions today were not easy,” said Nadal, who saved all six break points he faced in the third set. “Very, very difficult with the wind changing a lot.”Against Murray on Court Philippe Chatrier, he certainly looked like the best player in the world.Nadal broke Murray early in each of the three sets. And although he lost his serve once in the first and twice in the second, Nadal always looked in charge – even helping the court crew by frequently cleaning the clay off his baseline by dragging his foot along the white paint. He saved 15 of 18 break points and converted six of the 13 he earned. After saving the second of two break points in the second game of the second set, Nadal let out a primal “Vamos!” or “Come on!”The wind was swirling on court yet again, at one point forcing Murray to turn around to avoid the floating red dust from getting into his eyes. A few games later, while Murray was serving in the second set, a spectator’s Panama hat blew onto the clay court. A ball boy quickly retrieved the offending chapeau and Nadal then claimed his second break point of the game when Murray sent a backhand wide. Three points later, Nadal broke for a 6-5 lead with a forehand winner, earning his second of five straight games.After the match, some of his faithful fans serenaded Nadal with a rendition of “Happy Birthday.”- With inputs from AP
Kolkata: Calcutta High Court on Thursday directed all processes of the West Bengal rural polls to be suspended till April 16, when the State Election Commission (SEC) will submit a report on the measures it has taken to ensure peaceful filing of nominations by the Opposition.Justice Subrata Talukdar also imposed a fine of Rs 5 lakh on the BJP for misrepresentation, likening the party’s conduct to “forum hopping” after the saffron brigade approached both the high court and the Supreme Court on similar pleas. The state government has decided to move the division Bench of the high court on Friday challenging the single Bench’s verdict. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsThe high court has ordered the SEC to submit on April 16 a comprehensive status report on the poll process, detailing the number of nominations filed and the percentage of nominations rejected, amongst other information.Trinamool counsel and party MP, Kalyan Banerjee, argued both inside the court and outside that according to Article 243-O of the Constitution, courts do not have right to interfere in electoral matters after the election process has begun. Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killed”We are approaching a Division Bench against this order,” said Banerjee.The BJP had already moved a caveat before the Division Bench of Justice Biswanath Somadder and Arindam Mukherjee where the TMC is supposed to move their petition challenging the single Bench order.It is learnt that Justice Talukdar will take a decision on resuming the poll process after getting the SEC’s report.Trinamool Congress secretary general Partha Chatterjee said the Opposition has nothing to rejoice as the people of Bengal are with the TMC and its development agenda. “We have full faith in the judiciary. They are trying to delay the election process as they have no organisational strength. Elections will be held today or tomorrow and then it will be proved clearly that the people of the state have full faith in our development agenda. The changes that we have brought about will reflect in the vote box,” Chatterjee said. It may be mentioned that Justice Talukdar’s order came in the wake of a petition moved by the Bengal unit of the BJP, alleging that the ruling Trinamool Congress has resorted to violence to prevent their candidates from filing nominations for the forthcoming Panchayat polls.The Congress welcomed the high court orders. “I salute the high court. At least they are listening to our agony when the government, police and even the State Election Commission are turning a deaf ear to our pleas,” said state Congress president Adhir Chowdhury.”We welcome the decision of the Calcutta High Court,” said MoS heavy industry and Lok Sabha MP Babul Supriyo.Left Front chairman Biman Bose said the verdict of the single Bench has proved that the allegations that we have made are genuine.Elections are scheduled to be held in three phases from May 1, 3 and 5 with the counting happening on May 8. The filing of nominations for the Panchayat polls began on April 2 and ended on April 9. Scrutiny of nominations took place on April 11. The withdrawal of nomination had started on Thursday and with the high court’s order, the process has been stalled.