Tag: 上海千花约会归来

JUDGE PUTS DRINKS LICENSE ON HOLD AFTER HEARING OBJECTIONS TO DONEGAL BEACHFRONT RESORT PLAN

first_imgThe Cuan na Ri Development at Carrigart.A Judge has put a stay on granting an alcohol license for a controversial Donegal beachfront development after hearing objections from a local resident in court.Members of the Cuan na Ri Ocean Front Activity Centre and Resort planned for Aghadachor, Carrigart applied for the license at Letterkenny Circuit Court. The court was told that there were no objections from the Gardai or the Fire Service to the granting of the license.The alcohol license was to be extinguished from a premises in Rathdrum in Co Wicklow and transferred to the Co Donegal premises.However local resident Tony McCarry stood up in the public gallery and asked Judge Matthew Deery if he would listen to the concerns of local people.Judge Deery agreed and allowed Mr McCarry to outline the issues.Mr McCarry, who said his home house where he grew up was five hundred metres from the planned oceanfront centre, had caused major problems for locals.He said people in the area were not against the development but were against the issues which had arisen as a result.He claimed that access to the beachfront had now been cut-off and that the public were now being asked to pay a levy to access the beach.He claim that many public rights of ways to the stretch of beach on which the development was being built had now been locked by gates.He said that many elderly people were now terrified to visit the area because of threats from the developers.He also revealed that professional golfer Paul McGinley and a consortium had previously owned the land but could not get permission for their planned development.“How is it that these guys can come in and close the beach down.“People who live near this beach now have to walk four miles to the next beach. We want gates erected to be removed and we want access to our beach,” he said.He also claimed that while out walking with his son that a car tried to ram him off the road and that he was also verbally attacked by one of the developers of the site.Evidence was also given in court by architect John Masterson who said a number of technical issues arose on the development but these had been sorted.The owner of the property, Michael Anthony Preston, said he acquired the land in 2007 but did not begin developing it until 2012.He said his company had put in pedestrian access to the area and they had also build a car park.He said access was open between 8am and 10.30pm via a gate to the beach.He added that the beach was a special area of conservation which was controlled by the National Parks and Wildlife Service and not the developers adding that “access is quite easy.”Judge Deery said it appeared that there appeared to be no objections in relation to the alcohol license from the Gardai, the Fire Service or the Planning Authority.However he said he appreciated there were concerns amongst locals about the access to the beach.He asked both parties to come together on the matter.“I would ask Mr Preston to have a word with this man (Mr McCarry) to try and accommodate him,” said Judge Deery.He then adjourned his decision on the granting of the alcohol license until Thursday.JUDGE PUTS DRINKS LICENSE ON HOLD AFTER HEARING OBJECTIONS TO DONEGAL BEACHFRONT RESORT PLAN was last modified: July 16th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:alcohol licenseCarrigartCuan na RidonegalJudge Matthew DeeryLetterkenny Circuit Courtlast_img read more

Bangladesh unbeatable at home, says Shakib Al-Hasan ahead of Australia series

first_imgAs Bangladesh prepare to take on Australia in the two-Test series beginning Sunday, all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan believes that his team are very much “unbeatable” at home.Australia have not won a series in the subcontinent since 2011 and were clean-swept in two of the three Test series’ since then. In the last series against India, the Steve Smith-led side had to face a 1-2 defeat in the four-Test series. (Australia’s sole warm-up match against Bangladesh cancelled due to rain)Australia has won all four Tests they have played against Bangladesh, but the teams haven’t met in the longest format of the game since 2006.Bangladesh have not played a single Test match against Australia since Ricky Ponting’s side toured the country in 2006, six years after they were granted Test status.”We knew that we have this ability, and we needed that belief, and we can only get this belief by winning matches,” the Guardian quoted Shakib as saying.”But there is no shortage of self-belief at this moment. Now we feel that we are very much unbeatable at home – doesn’t matter who we are playing against. So this is the belief that makes a team a very good team, and a winning team,” he added.Reuters PhotoIt should be noted that Bangladesh have not played a single Test against Australia during Shakib’s entire career, making this impending series all the more significant.”None of our team members in this squad played Tests against Australia, so it will be very exciting,” said the left-arm all-rounder.advertisementBangladesh, which had a disastrous run of 71 defeats in 72 internationals from 1999 to 2004, have transformed into a team capable of surprising their opponents and causing upsets.In the last one year, they have reached the Champions Trophy semi-finals, cemented their ODI ranking of seventh and defeated England at home in a Test and Sri Lanka away – where their 1-1 series draw bodes ill for Australia, who lost 0-3 in Sri Lanka in 2016.The second Test will start in Chittagong on September 4 and the Australians will depart from Bangladesh on September 9.last_img read more