CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday A man accused of robbery and assault for allegedly holding up a Pasadena Roscoe’s House of Chicken & Waffles, fleeing with only food, last month after being denied service for not wearing a face mask pleaded not guilty to criminal charges on Thursday, officials said.Steve Carlos Williams, 43, of Duarte pleaded not guilty to two counts of robbery, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and one count of being a convicted felon in possession of a gun, according to Los Angeles County Superior Court officials and records. A preliminary hearing was set for April 22 in the Pasadena branch of Los Angeles County Superior Court.The charges stem from a bizarre robbery police said unfolded about 5:40 p.m. on Feb.3 at the eatery at 830 N. Lake Ave.After arguing with an employee over his lack of a face covering, Williams pulled a handgun, threatened two employees and stole several bags of food, Pasadena police officials said at the time. No money was taken.The suspect remained at large until Feb. 23, when he was arrested in Irwindale in connection with an unrelated incident in which he’s accused of pulling a gun on two homicide detectives.The detectives were investigating the stabbing death of a woman that had occurred three days prior in a riverbed near the 2800 block of East Huntington Drive in Irwindale, according to Lt. Barry Hall of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Bureau.The detectives encountered Williams at the scene, he said. The suspect, who was believed to be high on PCP, pointed a gun at them and engaged the investigators in a brief standoff before being taken into custody. He was booked on suspicion of attempted murder. A motive for the alleged attack on the detectives was not clear.While in custody for the Irwindale incident, investigators in Pasadena identified Williams as the suspect in the heist at Roscoe’s, officials said.Williams already had a long criminal history in the area, according to L.A. County Superior Court records.Convictions include drug possession in 2019, 2018, twice in 2014, 2013 and 2012, records show.Previous convictions also include resisting or obstructing police in 2017, giving false ID to police in 2016, auto theft in 2014, burglary in 2008 as well as grand theft, possession of drugs for sales and possession of an illegal weapon in 2003.According to county booking records, Williams was being held without bail pending legal proceedings.Anyone with information was urged to contact the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4501. Tips may also be submitted anonymously to L.A. Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.Related:Suspect In Custody For Armed Robbery of Chicken and Waffles at Pasadena RestaurantMan Robs Pasadena Restaurant of Chicken and Waffles at Gunpoint After Argument Over Face Mask Public Safety Suspect in Armed Robbery of Food from Pasadena Roscoe’s Following Argument Over Mask Denies Charges By BRIAN DAY Published on Thursday, March 25, 2021 | 12:20 pm Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Subscribe Community News Make a comment Top of the News Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena Community News Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website HerbeautyWhat Is It That Actually Makes French Women So Admirable?HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty7 Most Startling Movie Moments We Didn’t Realize Were InsensitiveHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyA Mental Health Chatbot Which Helps People With DepressionHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyRed Meat Is Dangerous And Here Is The ProofHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty15 things only girls who live life to the maximum understandHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyYou Can’t Go Past Our Healthy Quick RecipesHerbeautyHerbeauty 29 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Business News More Cool Stuff
By News Highland – September 10, 2018 Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty Twitter Facebook Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Monday September 10th Google+ Facebook WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Derry draw with Pats: Higgins & Thomson Reaction Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Monday September 10th:Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/10news.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. FT Report: Derry City 2 St Pats 2 AudioHomepage BannerNews Previous articleAustralian travel agents visit Wild Atlantic WayNext articleAlternative A5 Alliance should hang heads in shame – Kelly News Highland Pinterest Google+ Harps come back to win in Waterford DL Debate – 24/05/21 Pinterest Twitter News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th
Terminating a contract efficientlyOn 27 Feb 2001 in Personnel Today Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos. Previous Article Next Article MartinBeijneveld of Dutch law firm Van Harmelen Beijneveld Tubbergen Van Houten,looks at the options for executing lawful dismissal under the labour law of theNetherlands and how the courts can speed up the process of contract terminationUnderthe labour law of the Netherlands an employer wishing to terminate theemployment of an employee invariably faces the problem that he cannot predictwith absolute certainty a) whether the employment can be terminated at all b)how much time that will take and c) how much it will cost.Cantonalcourt circleWhetheran employer can terminate an employee’s employment, and if so, the noticeperiod he has to give not only depends on his own will, but also on thepersonal circumstances of the employee. The extent to which the employer isliable to make severance payments is a matter for negotiation between theparties or for resolution by the court. Nofixed rules of law existed to help determine this matter until 1 January 1997,when one national formula was introduced by the Cantonal Court Circle, of whichall of the 160+ Cantonal Court Judges are members. This formula is explainedfurther below.Methodof terminationTerminationof an employment agreement is only possible a) by mutual agreement between theemployer and the employee b) by notice of termination by the employer to theemployee (i) on the basis of a “dismissal license” granted by the director ofthe Regional Labour Office and (ii) with due observance of the relevant noticeperiod c) by a “rescission” of the employment agree- ment by the Cantonal Courtor d) by a combination of (a) and (b) or of alternatives (a) and (c).Regionallabour officeTheneed to acquire a dismissal licence is not dependant upon the applicability ofDutch law. An artificial standard is applied, which is whether the Dutch labourmarket, in the widest sense, is involved – if it is, a dismissal licence willbe required. Adecision cannot usually be expected for two to three months. The period ofnotice an employer must observe is set out in the legislation. The dismissallicence is irrevocable. The director of the Regional Labour Office does nothave authority to grant any compensation payable by the employer.CantonalcourtRescissionof an employment agreement by the Cantonal Court is initiated by the employerfiling a petition to this effect. The grounds for such a petition are: a)behaviour which warrants termination of employment with immediate effect for anurgent reason or b) “changed circumstances of such nature that the employmentagreement should reasonably come to an end immediately or within a short periodof time”. The phrase “changed circumstances” is assumed to be broad enough tocover all the conceivable grounds for which an employer might wish to terminatethe employment relationship.ACantonal Court may reject a petition for lack of evidence or because it findsthat a termination is not reasonable under the given circumstances, butpetitions are rarely rejected solely on the technical ground that the factssubmitted do not constitute “changed circumstances”.Thereis an oral hearing of the case, and the procedure seldom takes more than sixweeks. When considering the grounds under which the employment agreement can berescinded, the Cantonal Court may determine that the petition will be grantedon the condition that the employer pays some compensation.Theemployer is normally allowed a period of two weeks to withdraw the petition ifhe considers the amount too high, in which case employment continues. Decisionsof the Cantonal Courts on petitions for rescission cannot be appealed against,except on formal grounds (outside the scope of this article).Toovercome the problem that the employee who has agreed to the termination of hisemployment forfeits his entitlement to receive unemployment benefits, it ispossible to achieve almost the same result with different type of agreement.Under pro forma rescission, the employee promises not to dispute the factssubmitted by the employer in his petition for rescission, and as considerationfor that promise, is granted a certain amount of compensation. Thepractice is generally accepted by the Cantonal Courts and by the authorities incharge of social security legislation. An employer often agrees to pay theemployee a certain amount of additional compensation to avoid litigation, asthis action could help make the outcome of a decision for rescission lessunpredictable. Cantonalcourt formulaAnadvantage of the Cantonal Court formula is that the amount of compensation tobe granted by the Cantonal Court is easier to predict. By introducing anational formula, the Cantonal Courts have tried to create a more uniformjurisdiction. The amount of compensation is based on the following formula: onemonth’s salary for each year of service up to the age of 40; one-and-a-halfmonths’ salary for each year of service between the age of 40 and 50; and twomonths’ salary for every year of service after the age of 50. Thenumber of years of service are rounded up if the employee has worked for morethan six months on the date of rescission. In addition, the Cantonal Courtswill also include any “fixed and agreed” wage components, such as holidayallowances, fixed 13th-month bonuses, fixed bonuses for shift working andstructural allowances for overtime.Savein exceptional cases, the Cantonal Courts are advised not to include items suchas non-contractual profit shares, employer’s contributions to pension premiumsand/or health insurance, company cars and expenses allowances.Apartfrom the years of service and the fixed and agreed wage components, theCantonal Court formula also includes a third multiplying factor – the“adjustment factor”. This means the Cantonal Court considers the specialcircumstances of the case. In a pro forma or “neutral” rescission – one inwhich there are no special circumstances justifying a deviation from normalpractice – the adjustment factor will be one. Shouldthe Cantonal Court decide, however, that special circumstances exist whichjustify an adjustment of the compensation calculated, this will be reflected inthe adjustment factor. Byapplying this adjustment factor, the Cantonal Courts will still have thediscretionary power to determine what figure amounts to a reasonable sum ofcompensation in the circumstances. The Cantonal Court formula recommends that theamount of compensation does not exceed the expected loss of income to besuffered until pensionable age.Themajor advantage of a rescission by the Cantonal Court is that the parties havecertainty about their position within a short period (about one-and-a-half totwo months maximum). No appeal is possible, save in exceptional cases. If anemployee is ill, a petition for rescission will not be accepted unless certainrequirements are met. SocialplanMorerecently, the Cantonal Court Circle introduced some additional recommendations.One of these is that a Social Plan, which is designed to accommodate employeeswhose jobs are affected by a restructuring (“collective dismissal”), carriesmore weight when it has been agreed upon between the employer and the labourunions (and preferably the works council). Redundancypayments under a Social Plan depend on the employee’s age, duration of service,position and potential for finding another suitable job. If an individualemployee has been given notice by using the dismissal licence granted by thedirector of the Regional Labour Office, he may negotiate a severance payment onthe strength of his potential claim for “obviously un- reasonable” dismissal. Inmost cases an obviously unreasonable dismissal will be deemed to have occurredif, when balancing the financial provisions made for the employee and hisprospect of finding suitable alternative employment, against the interests ofthe employer, the hardship endured by the employee is disproportionate to the employer’sneed to protect his business interests. Claimsfor obviously unreasonable dismissal when brought by employees are, in general,not easily won. The fact that a Social Plan has been established and agreedupon with the labour unions acts in the employers’ favour. TheCantonal Courts will usually follow the Social Plan. In circumstances whereonly the works council has agreed upon the Social Plan, its status, binding ornot, is less clear in case law.Bestmethod of terminationOverthe past few years, there has been a substantial increase in the number ofpetitions filed by employers with the Cantonal Courts for rescission ofemployment agreements with individual employees. Arescission by the Cantonal Court is the most efficient and quickest way ofterminating contracts of employment, taking only one-and-a-half to two months.Editedby Clare Murray, employment law partner at Fox Williams and editor ofhrlaw.co.uk, Fox Williams’ online employment law information service
RelatedNPFL: Rivers United Go For Broke Against Wikki Tourists – Eguma (AUDIO)January 25, 2020In “NPFl”Eguma Targets Playoffs, Rules Out Relegation for Rivers United (AUDIO)April 8, 2019In “NPFl”NPFL: Stanley Eguma Rallies Rivers United For Away Win Against Wikki TouristsMarch 17, 2019Similar post Technical Manager of Rivers United Stanley Eguma says he is unaware of a reported 3-match ultimatum handed him to improve results or face further sanctions by the club’s management.Rivers United lost 0-1 at home to Sunshine Stars on Wednesday in a Match Day 30 clash of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) and various media reports claim the long-serving tactician has been mandated to improve the fortunes of the team or face stiffer punishments.Asked about his reaction to the reported ultimatum, Eguma said: “No comments. I don’t have any comment on that because I have not heard anything about that (the 3-match ultimatum).”Rivers United are currently placed 16th (a place above the relegation zone) on the NPFL standings with 37 points from 28 matches and will next face Wikki Tourists on Sunday.Eguma however says his team is prepared and ready for the visit of Wikki Tourists as the defeat to Sunshine Stars now belong in the past.“We are prepared. We have trained, worked hard and corrected our mistake from the last game which lost,” he said.“It was a very painful loss to Sunshine (Stars). I think we have kept that behind us and (we are) looking forward to a better result come tomorrow’s game (against Wikki Tourists).“The players too have dusted themselves up from that defeat and they are looking forward to improve on their performances tomorrow. So we are ready,” Eguma concluded. Audio Playerhttps://www.busybuddiesng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Eguma-July-22.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Audio Playerhttps://www.busybuddiesng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Eguma-Ultimatum-July-22.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.
A BUNCRANA man who was the kitman for NORTHERN IRELAND has retired – after 30 years in the job and 228 international appearances!Derek McKinley, 71, will be honoured at a testimonial dinner in Belfast.The Belfast Newsletter has a full interview with him here: http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/top_players_to_celebrate_kitman_derek_s_30_years_1_3231233BUNCRANA MAN WHO WAS KIT MAN FOR NORTHERN IRELAND FOR 30 YEARS RETIRES was last modified: November 10th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:buncranaDEREK MCKINLEYdonegaldaily.com