Category: wretdrjj

Escape the city for this private waterfront retreat

first_img The home has a relaxed, open design.Within the secure Calypso Bay precinct, residents have access to the local cafe, pools, tennis courts and 24-hour gymnasium. The marina is an ideal place to jag dinner too — Jewfish and Mangrove Jack are among the common catch.“My husband has caught 271 different species of fish off our pontoon,” she said. “My family loves to kayak around the marina too, it feels really safe.”Shannon Smith, Smith & Co Realty – Paradise Point is marketing the 884sq m property with an asking price of $1.65 million. The Calypso Bay home feels more like a resort.Indeed, Jacobs Well offers an idyllic waterfront lifestyle with easy access to both Brisbane and the Gold Coast for work.Boating and fishing enthusiasts are spoiled for choice, with the Broadwater, Stradbroke Island and Moreton Bay close by.Staying at home isn’t a bad option either, with the two-storey architecturally-designed home, at 78 Marina Parade, reminiscent of a holiday retreat. “We really love the design,” said Ms Lyness.“There’s lots of glass to let the light in and it feels like the outside and inside merge.” MORE: Could this be Australia’s best house? The home is designed to wrap around the pool.Open plan living defines the ground floor, which has two lounge zones and a dining area as well as a study and guest suite. Upstairs, the luxurious master has a generous walk-in robe, private balcony and ensuite bathroom. There are also three secondary bedrooms, two with ensuites, and a media room with views from the balcony.“You can see the water and the mountains from most rooms,” she said.“The sunsets are truly magic.” The city feels a world away from 78 Marina Pde, Jacobs Well.ON any given day, a rich array of wildlife can be found feeding and frolicking in and around the peaceful waters of Calypso Bay.Countless species of birds patrol the sky while below you’ll spot pelicans, fish, turtles and dolphins cruising the currents in search of their next meal. “In the afternoons when I get home from work, we’ll take the kids down to the water for a walk or just sit on the pontoon,” said Nicole Lyness, who is selling her Calypso Bay home for a tree change. “It’s so peaceful here. Even though we’re only 15 minutes from the motorway, it feels far away from the hustle and bustle of the city.” Gold Coast builder nabs beachside block for $10M project More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa7 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agoWhere is the city again?The house is designed to wrap around the infinity edge pool, which is elevated with a waterfall edge, while the sun deck overlooks the tropical gardens and marina.“The whole house feels more like a resort,” said Ms Lyness. “The L shape design protects the outdoor area and makes it all feel very private.” Middle of the market set to lead post COVID-19 saleslast_img read more

UN Wants Bodies Exhumed from Mass Grave in DRC

first_imgUN investigators expected in volatile DRC next week The UN mission in Democratic Republic of Congo urged the government on Wednesday to exhume more than 400 bodies buried last month in a mass grave, the head of the organisation’s human rights office said.Local authorities in the capital Kinshasa have said they buried 421 corpses overnight on 19 March in the rural commune of Maluku. The government says the bodies are unclaimed foetuses, stillborn babies and homeless people from the city morgue.However, rights groups suspect that some might be people killed in anti-government protests in January or an earlier crackdown on criminals in Kinshasa.“We recommended doing the exhumation but it is up to the authorities to take all measures to reassure the population and to combat rumours,” José Maria Aranaz, director of the UN’s DRC-based Joint Human Rights Office (UNJHRO), said at a news conference.Justice Minister Alexis Thambwe said last week that the government was prepared to exhume the bodies if asked by UN officials or the US-based campaign group Human Rights Watch.However, Thambwe said on Monday that the decision would be left to the prosecutor leading an investigation into the burials, explaining that the government wanted to show it could conduct a transparent investigation on its own.Congolese authorities say the mass burial of unclaimed bodies is a common practice used to clear space at the overcrowded central morgue in Kinshasa.Aranaz said that the UN mission was providing logistical support to the Congolese investigation in addition to carrying out its own. He said that his office had asked the government for all pertinent documents, including the morgue registry and death certificates, but was still awaiting a response– REUTERSRelated UN says peacekeeper killed in attack on DRC military basecenter_img UN investigators find ‘mass graves’ in DR Congolast_img read more

Premier League clubs push for July 27 transfer window

first_imgPremier League clubs want the transfer window to open as soon as this season concludes. Teams know there is a rush to ensure that signings are made for next season. And a Thursday shareholders meeting will discuss the transfer window and other matters related to next season. One of the ideas is to start the window on July 27 and have it run until October 5 or 6.Advertisement Promoted Content10 Stargazing Locations To ‘Connect With Nature’6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Albino Animals Who Look Like Ghosts8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime20 Completely Unexpected Facts About ‘The Big Bang Theory’6 Great Ancient Mysteries That Make China Worth Visiting7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value The last dates are when UEFA has recommended countries to conclude their windows ahead of next season, per the Daily Mail. read also:Premier League: Chelsea edge out Palace in five-goal thriller There is the issue of players who are involved in Championship playoffs, UEFA Champions League or Europa League games after July 25. But it is not an issue that would impact most teams, so the majority may vote for the window to start July 27. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Loading… last_img read more

Jurgen Klopp sees Liverpool’s injuries ease ahead of Arsenal clash

first_img Klopp expects Kolo Toure and possibly Mamadou Sakho to play in the middle of his defence against the Barclays Premier League leaders, meaning the Reds may not have to deploy Lucas Leiva as a makeshift centre-back. Martin Skrtel and Dejan Lovren are still sidelined with hamstring injuries, although the latter could return to the fold for Sunday’s home clash with rivals Manchester United. Press Association Jurgen Klopp has revealed Liverpool’s defensive injury crisis has cleared a little in time for Arsenal’s visit to Anfield on Wednesday night. The scenario is still more positive for Klopp, who was facing up to the possibility of tackling Arsene Wenger’s high-flying Gunners without any recognised centre-backs a few days ago. “The situation now is better than it was two or three days before,” Klopp revealed. “I think Kolo will be available so we have a senior centre-back. Mama wants to be available, hopefully we can use him. We will see. “Martin is still a few weeks, Dejan feels good but his time of injury was the 5th of January so only six days (until Monday) – to Arsenal, eight; United, 11, 12, it’s close. There will be a moment when we have to decide if it’s a risk or if it’s a risk we could try or not, but it’s not a moment for this, we have to wait. “That’s the situation. We have probably Kolo and Mama, and the next one is Lucas, so three senior centre-backs.” Skipper Jordan Henderson (foot), James Milner (calf) and Jordon Ibe were all absent when Klopp named a much-changed team in the FA Cup third-round tie at Exeter on Friday. But all three, along with Sakho, have a shot at coming into the squad in two days’ time. “Jordon Ibe, Jordan Henderson and Mama – these are three, good news,” Klopp added. “Milly was, but we left him at home too when we were in Exeter. He’s still in training so that’s all good news.” Klopp has recalled goalkeeper Danny Ward from a loan spell with Aberdeen ahead of schedule, yet he was not forthcoming when asked about January arrivals to Merseyside. Striker Alexandre Pato has been linked with a move to Anfield from Brazilian club Corinthians, but the Liverpool boss seemed to pour cold water on suggestions he was on the verge of joining fellow countrymen Lucas, Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino in his squad. “I don’t want to answer all the questions about this, I would like to say we don’t talk about things like this until we sign a contract,” Klopp said regarding transfer speculation. “But you don’t have to follow the Pato path any longer, that’s only private advice.” last_img read more

Meet Boeheim’s Army: Donte Greene

first_imgA group of former Syracuse men’s basketball players will get together for a chance at $2 million in the 2016 edition of The Basketball Tournament starting this Saturday. The team is fittingly named Boeheim’s Army, composed of former Purdue guard Willie Deane and nine former Orange that span a decade of Jim Boeheim’s tenure. Last year the squad bowed out in the Elite Eight against eventual champions City of Gods. This year, second-seeded Boeheim’s Army faces No. 15 seed Basketball City NYC at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday at Philadelphia University to begin its quest toward the cash prize. Follow along all week as we introduce you to the team’s players and coach ahead of the matchup.Donte GreeneGreene only played one season for the Orange before entering the 2008 NBA Draft, where he was selected 28th overall by the Memphis Grizzlies. Greene played for the Sacramento Kings until 2012, then spent time in the D-League, Puerto Rico and China before moving to Al-Nasr in the United Arab Emirates after a broken ankle prevented an NBA return.Greene averaged a team-high 17.7 points per game to go along with 7.2 rebounds per contest in his freshman season at SU. He took the most 3-pointers on the team (261), shooting 34.5 percent from deep.Conflicts with his professional team and passport, according to Syracuse.com, prevented Greene from playing with Boeheim’s Army last year despite being on the roster. This year, the 6-foot-11 Greene will bring a high-volume scoring presence as well as an ability to play on the wing and in the low post.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Published on July 11, 2016 at 10:02 pm Contact Matt: mcschnei@syr.edu | @matt_schneidman Related Stories Meet Boeheim’s Army: Baye Moussa KeitaMBB : Few regretsMBB : Greene declares for draftBoeheim’s Army Tournament run comes to end in 80-76 loss to City Of GodsBoeheim’s Army pulls out 92-91 OT win in heated matchup with 20th & Olney Meet Boeheim’s ArmyBaye Moussa Keita Comments Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

Gunners get tough Champions League draw

first_imgIn the last 32 of the Europa league Manchester United will play Danish side Mid-ul-land, Liverpool meet Augsburg and Spurs take on Fiorentina. Arsenal will come up against holders Barcelona, Chelsea will meet Paris Saint Germain who knocked them out last year and Manchester City face Dynamo Kiev.The Kiev leg of City’s tie will be played behind closed doors as Dynamo supporters are being punished for racist behaviour.In the other games Gent meet Wolfsburg, Roma play Real Madrid , Juventus face Bayern Munich , PSV Eindhoven take on Atheltico Madrid and Benfica play Zenit Saint Petersburg.last_img

Premier’s long wait for Munster title continues

first_imgLiam Kearns’ side went down 3-17 to 2-10 in today’s provincial decider against Kerry at Fitzgerald Stadium, Killarney.The Premier County got off to a flying start – Jimmy Feehan netted in the first minute – but the home side’s superior class soon shone through.This was partly illustrated by the fact that Tipp didn’t manage any other scores from play during the remainder of the opening half, although it should be said that the underdogs didn’t make the most of whatever opportunities came their way. Kerry led 2-7 to 1-4 by the break – Paul Murphy and Paul Geaney got the Kingdom’s goals.Geaney also put one past Evan Comerford in the second-half.Tipperary did have a purple period during which Robbie Kiely got their second goal but didn’t manage to sustain it and never looked like denying their 78th provincial title.Kevin O’Halloran, who got his side’s first point from play in the 53rd minute, registered 0-6 of their tally and Michael Quinlivan, who’d been unwell the night before the match, notched 0-3.Tipp’s championship campaign will continue later this month in the qualifiers.last_img read more

2016/17 NT&DL season kicks-off

first_imgThere are four Premier Division League matches down for decision.Champions Nenagh Celtic starts their title defence away to Ballymackey.In the other games it’s Sallypark versus Cloughjordan; Borrisokane against Lough Derg; and Blackcastle Templemore Harps take on Roscrea Town. All of the fixtures listed above kick-off at 11.30am.last_img

Coe unsure about Russian athletic ban

first_imgWorld athletics president Lord Coe says it’s too soon to know if Russia should be allowed to compete at next summer’s World Championships in London.It’s after an independent report found over a thousand athletes from the country benefited from state-sponsored doping cover-ups across sport from 2011 to 2015.The IAAF banned Russia from competing on the track at the Rio Olympics this summer – and they remain suspended from the sport.last_img

Hakan Hallstedt resignation spreads fear of further Swedish regulatory delays

first_img Share Share Related Articles Hakan HallstedtSwedish gambling stakeholders have been left in limbo regarding the country’s path towards a regulated online gambling market following the departure of Hakan Hallstedt as Director General of Lotteriinspektionen, Sweden’s national gambling regulator.Last Friday, Lotteriinspektionen governance confirmed that Hallstedt would not be renewing his tenure as Director General, as he had accepted a placement as Judge for the Blekinge District, which he will take up in May.As Director General, Hallstedt had been tasked with leading the reform of Sweden’s national gambling framework to include secure provisions for online gambling services.In November 2015, facing mounting criticism from the European Union for lack progress and stakeholder information regarding Sweden’s gambling reform, Hallstedt announced that he would head up a special committee redrafting all national legislations and business standards.Offering a regulatory timetable Lotteriinspektionen governance detailed that an official redrafted framework would be made available to the government and industry stakeholders ahead Sweden’s next General Election, which is scheduled for 2018.At present little is known regarding the potential provisions which will be attached to any proposed Swedish gambling framework. As Industry stakeholders await news of Hallstedt replacement , many commentators have questioned whether Lotteriinspektionen can meet any of its deadlines, in what is becoming a long drawn out process. StumbleUpon LeoVegas hits back at Swedish regulations despite Q2 successes August 13, 2020 Submit Betsson outrides pandemic challenges as regulatory dramas loom July 21, 2020 EU research agency demands urgent action on loot box consumer safeguards July 29, 2020last_img read more