In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Spurs had initially sought to keep Son back until August 18, when they have a Premier League match against Fulham.That would have effectively kept the 26-year-old out of the group stage for Asia’s mini-Olympics, where the football tournament runs from August 14 to September 2.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’But Spurs later relented, striking a deal that rules Son out of South Korea’s Asian Cup games on January 7 and 11 against the Philippines and Kyrgyzstan, as well as an international friendly in November.There are precedents for footballers being granted exemptions from South Korea’s 21-month military service, as happened in 2002, when the national team reached the World Cup semi-finals, and in 2014, when they won gold at the Asian Games in Incheon. Digne joins Everton from Barcelona Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Tottenham Hotspur’s South Korean midfielder Son Heung-Min looks on during the International Champions Cup friendly football match between AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on July 31, 2018. / AFP PHOTO / STEPHEN MATURENSon Heung-min will miss South Korea’s first two matches at the Asian Cup in January under a compromise agreed with Tottenham Hotspur to release him for this month’s Asian Games, the Korea Football Association (KFA) said Wednesday.The South Korean striker will fly to Indonesia for the Asian Games — where a gold medal is likely to win him exemption from military service — after Spurs’ Premier League season opener against Newcastle United on August 11, a KFA spokesman said.ADVERTISEMENT However, Son missed South Korea’s triumph in 2014 when his former club, Bayer Leverkusen, refused to release him.Son, who is on Spurs’ pre-season tour of the United States, said he felt “sorry to be leaving my team-mates” for the Asian Games at the start of the Premier League season. “I am playing for my country and that’s also important, but honestly I feel very sorry about that,” he was quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.Asian Games gold and a military service exemption would be a consolation for Son, who broke down in tears when South Korea were eliminated at the World Cup group stage despite stunning Germany 2-0 in their final game.Son, who last month signed a new deal keeping him at Spurs until 2023, has emerged as one of the club’s key players, scoring 47 goals in 140 appearances to become the top Asian scorer in Premier League history.ADVERTISEMENT Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal Peza offers relief to ecozone firms Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil MOST READ LATEST STORIES After winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’
Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Peza offers relief to ecozone firms MOST READ Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award After winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk LATEST STORIES In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew This is the first attempt of its kind in the history of the Olympic Games.The facial recognition system developed by NEC automatically cross-checks faces seen in cameras and information about facial photos that are registered in advance as people related to the Games hold up their ID cards at entrance gates.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’Then the system instantly judges whether the person is the same as the face registered.In a demonstration of the system, participants were able to pass through a security gate almost without changing their walking speed. Magic will host Bulls, Jazz in Mexico City in December According to the organizing committee, the number of people engaging in the Tokyo Games, including athletes and the press, will be about 300,000. In past Games, security guards have visually confirmed and identified people who entered the venues and other protected places.“We can expect higher security levels, and smoother and more efficient entries of people [into event venues],” Tsuyoshi Iwashita, chief of the organizing committee’s Security Bureau, explained, regarding the facial recognition system.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Gov’t in no rush to rescue animals in Taal A facial recognition system device is shown to the press in Tokyo on Tuesday. The Japan News/Asia News NetworkTOKYO — The Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games and NEC Corp. showed the press Tuesday a facial recognition system to be used during the 2020 Games for identifying athletes, officials and others related to the event.Devices using the system are scheduled to be set up in more than 40 locations, including event venues, the Athletes Village and the media center, with the aim of reinforcing security measures against possible terrorist acts.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
It looks like all this snow will stop Canada Post in Fort St. John.Canada Post has informed us this morning that mail will not be delivered today. Of course you can go to the main post office on 101 avenue if you want to pick up your mail. You can pick up either business or personal mail.We also understand mail delivery won’t be happening in Dawson Creek today. You can still pick up your mail at the post office on 10th street.- Advertisement -Let us know if Canada Post is delivering mail in other communities in the Peace today, email email@example.com or call 250-787-7100.
“We don’t see any showstoppers in front of us … but there is still a lot of work to be done,” said Bill Gerstenmaier, NASA’s associate administrator for space operations. Golfball-sized hail left thousands of dings on the foam insulation on Atlantis’ fuel tank as it sat on the launch pad in February. The space shuttle was rolled off the launch pad and sent back for repairs to the Vehicle Assembly Building, forcing NASA to miss the original March 15 launch date. The foam is used to prevent dangerous ice from building up. CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. – NASA will try to launch Atlantis on the first space shuttle mission of the year in early June, almost three months later than originally planned, so that technicians can finish repairing its hail-damaged fuel tank, officials said Tuesday. The new launch date is set for no earlier than June 8. NASA managers had been studying for weeks whether to finish repairing the tank and use it for Atlantis’ mission or swap it out with another tank. But NASA managers said they were pleased with the progress of repairs that already have been made. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
0Shares0000Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says the Premier League giants face ‘five finals’ in their Champions League group © AFP / Daniel ROLANDHEIDELBERG, Germany, Oct 1 – Pep Guardiola says his Manchester City side effectively face the first of “five finals” in the Champions League group stages at Hoffenheim on Tuesday following defeat in their opening game.City’s 2-1 loss to Lyon in Manchester a fortnight ago meant they arrived in Germany desperate for a win over Bundesliga side Hoffenheim, who are hosting their first ever Champions League home match. “We have five finals now. We lost the first game, so now we must win each one — tomorrow is the first final,” Guardiola said when asked about the Lyon defeat.“Maybe we need to suffer a bit.“It (the Champions League) is a top quality level competition, each team is so good and it makes things complicated.“We weren’t so good against Lyon in the first half.“Since I have been here, we have always qualified comfortably (for the knock-out stages) and maybe this shows what a tough competition it is.”Kevin de Bruyne trained with the City team before they left Manchester on Monday, for the first time since suffering a knee injury in August, but the Hoffenheim game comes too soon for the Belgium playmaker.Guardiola will be back on the touchline again after serving a ban for the Lyon game following his sending off in last season’s quarter-final defeat to Liverpool.“I prefer to be on closer to my players, rather than in the stands,” he said at a press conference in Heidelberg, neat Hoffenheim.The Spaniard poured praise on opposite number Julian Nagelsmann, 31, the youngest coach in Champions League history, who counts Guardiola as one his inspirations.Nagelsmann took charge aged just 29 in February 2016 and has steered Hoffenheim from the brink of relegation to the Champions League inside two years.“We are in contact through other people, I am really impressed, he took over Hoffenheim in a bad situation and every year he is getting better,” said Guardiola.“Tomorrow is the first time his team will face mine and I am looking forward to it.“He is only 31 and already managing a team in a good competition, I am happy to see a manager of his quality to produce some nice football and he will have a good career.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime GLENDORA – A sharp-eyed Wal-Mart cashier spotted a bogus $100 bill, called store security and helped detain a man on suspicion of attempting to pass the fake early Wednesday, officials said. As a result, Simon Fasheh, 29, of Walnut, was arrested about 3:20 a.m. on suspicion of passing counterfeit currency, Glendora police Sgt. Ted Groszewski said. “He admitted the bill was counterfeit and was trying to launder it for merchandise and real money,” Groszewski said. “Fortunately merchants are real good at spotting fakes. They handle money daily.” Glendora police notified the U.S. Secret Service about the phoney bill, authorities said. Fasheh is being held in lieu of $20,000 bail in the Glendora city jail, Groszewski said. 165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Two suspected bank robbers were caught Sunday in Las Vegas, ending a crime spree that authorities say started in the San Gabriel Valley. Rayceana Racheal Rocha, 22, and Paul Harlen Meyercamp Jr., 26, dubbed the “Newlwed Bandits,” were arrested by The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department in the evening, said FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller. The two allegedly robbed a pedestrian before carjacking a vehicle, Eimiller said. Police chased the suspects until Rocha crashed the car, said Eimiller. Rocha was immediately arrested, but Meyercamp ran but was later captured, she said. Authorities are also investigating whether Rocha and Meyercamp may have committed a bank robbery in Las Vegas, said Eimiller. Rocha and Meyercamp are suspected in five bank robberies, officials said. The bank robberies spanned from Oct. 18 to Nov. 8, said Eimiller. Crimes occurred in El Monte, Duarte, Diamond Bar, Claremont, and La Habra, officials said. Meyercamp is on parole for burglary and assault and is a suspected La Puente gang member, Eimiller said. Rocha is enrolled as a student at Rio Hondo Community College in Whittier, and may have attended classes during the alleged string of bank robberies, said Eimiller. Both suspects are former residents of El Monte, she added. While Rocha and Meyercamp are not believed to be married, they are involved in some kind of romantic relationship, Eimiller said.After information was released to the media, the suspects were identified by someone who recognized their picture on television, Eimiller said. “The publicity,” she said, “definitely led to their identifications.” – Brian Day AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A former Donegal County Councillor has been ordered to hand over all his phones to Gardai after being accused of harassing his former partner.Former county councillor Gareth ReidGareth Reid, a former Fine Gael councillor, faces numerous charges including thirteen of domestic violence. The 31 year old father-of-three appeared in court today after being detained in custody for a week after revoking his bail conditions.Reid, of Lawnsdale, Ballybofey, faces numerous charges including domestic violence and criminal damage.A previous court sitting heard claims that he had phoned the woman 30 times over one weekend.The woman was so in fear of Reid that she has left Co Donegal and was living elsewhere.Solicitor Kieran Dillon said a week in custody had had a major effect on his client.“A week has passed and my client is a different person. He has had time to reflect in the past seven days and he has a different perspective on life.“His employment is just there and if he is not back at work as a lorry driver it will have consequences. It is also a very special time of year and there will be consequences for that if he is not working,” said Mr Dillon.However Garda Inspector Michael Harrison told the court that Gardai had no choice but to object to the granting of bail.He also said he wanted an order to recover ALL of Reid’s phone and not just “a select one.”Judge Paul Kelly replied “I take it that you suspect he has other phones?” to which he was told that was the suspicion.Inspector Harrison said he had good reason to oppose bail.“There is an injured party who constantly calls Gardai. If it was a one off we would not object (to bail.)“There are court orders here and he just seems to ignore them. There are domestic violence charges – thirteen of them and two for criminal damage. He has failed to sign on up to ten times.“He has pleaded guilty in the past and it’s not that he doesn’t know the consequences of what he is doing and he continues to breach the orders of the court. We just can’t consent to it,” he saidHowever Judge Paul Kelly agreed to release Reid on bail with a number of conditions.They include having not contact with the injured party and that he hand over all his phones to Gardai.FORMER COUNCILLOR ORDERED TO HAND OVER ALL PHONES IN HARASSMENT CASE was last modified: November 25th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal County CouncilGareth Reidharassmentphones
Sights like these stags in Glenveagh National Park may become a thing of the past due to excessive poaching, according to a Donegal environment organisation.The Gweebarra Conservation Group is calling on local people to lobby the Government to end the hunting season to conserve stocks in the park.“We are asking people to please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask that the deer shooting season not be extended due to poaching. Few deer have been seen this year compared to previous years.” ‘DEER POACHING PUTTING DONEGAL STOCKS AT RISK’ – CONSERVATION GROUP was last modified: December 13th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:’DEER POACHING PUTTING DONEGAL STOCKS AT RISK’ – CONSERVATION GROUP
ONE Garth Brooks fan is very happy indeed!Donegal man Paul McDaid was over the moon when Ryan Tubridy called him on the Late Late Show tonight – to tell him he’d won the show’s phone-in competition.Buncrana man Paul gets his hands on two tickets to Garth Brooks – and €10,000 in cash! Well done Paul! DONEGAL MAN WINS €10,000 AND GARTH BROOKS TICKETS ON LATE LATE SHOW was last modified: February 1st, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalPaul McDaidRyan Tubridy